At The Children’s Garden, we believe that every aspect of an effective childcare program should be in the best interest of a child and their growth patterns. Using a developmental approach, we create a custom learning plan for each child based on their unique needs. Our mission is to help children discover their passions in a loving and nurturing classroom environment. We want our students to experience the joy of discovery and develop a strong, positive self-image. Some of the many benefits of our childcare programs include:
- The use of mindfulness to help children learn to recognize and regulate their emotions while practicing peaceful problem-solving methods
- Caring teachers trained in the Reflective Teaching model, which enhances their emotional connection to their students and creates secure attachments
- Engaging learning environment with evolving weekly themes that highlight and extend children’s interests
- Frequent parent-child events and school activities that build a strong community and form lasting relationships
- Fun enrichment opportunities including soccer, theater, and dance classes
Founded in 1988, The Children’s Garden was created to provide the individual and loving touch that most childcare programs lack. Located in Portland, our two campuses offer childcare and educational programs for infants, wobblers, toddlers, preschool, pre-kindergarten, and junior kindergarten aged-children. Our curriculum is constantly evolving to keep up with today’s ever-changing educational needs of children, ensuring your child will always receive the best education possible.
What are you waiting for? Schedule your tour today to see what makes The Children’s Garden so special!