Ages 2.5 years – 4 years
Welcome to our Montessori-influenced classrooms! Montessori lessons provide one-on-one instruction to foster individualized learning. Upon initial observation, what appears to be a very free-formed class is in fact quite structured and tailored to children’s needs. Montessori provides a wide array of learning outlets for children. Some areas include: practical life, language development, mathematics, science and mechanics.
Our Preschool program provides a gentle introduction into a more traditional classroom setting. We encourage each child to explore and play while offering guidance to help develop self-control and positive social skills. Group time promotes community in the classroom while providing an environment of learning and shared culture. Self-guided play allows each child to learn responsibility and respect for materials.
An enhanced learning environment, the Preschool classroom provides opportunities for:
- Building strong friendships and bonds
- Expanding attention spans and motor skills
- Developing verbal skills and vocabulary, emphasizing literacy
- Learning to control impulses and behavior
- Introduction to mindfulness techniques and emotional awareness, emphasis on peaceful conflict resolution